Chinese pork song buns are created using milk bread as the basis and baked with fresh scallions and pork sung. Pork Sung buns are often available at Chinese or Asian bakeries, but if not, try making them at home using this detailed recipe.
Time To Make It
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Calories|
|3 hours||15 minutes||3 hours 15 minutes||319 kcal|
Ingredients To Make Pork Sung Buns
To make the Pork Sung Buns, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- a single big egg, room temperature
- 235 milliliters (1 cup) of room temperature milk
- Mayonnaise, 1/4 cup
- (70g) of 1/3 cup sugar
- (70g) of 1/2 cup cake flour
- Salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 3 1/2 cups (500g) of bread flour
- 160 ml or 2/3 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 3 scallions, rinsed, dried, and cut coarsely.
- 11g of active dry yeast in 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds, roasted, in a tablespoon
- Pork sang, sometimes known as pork floss, weighs 4 ounces (115g).
- Egg wash is made by combining one egg with one teaspoon of water.
- To produce simple syrup, combine 2 teaspoons of sugar with 2 teaspoons of boiling water.
Instructions To Make Pork Sung Buns
To make the Pork Sung Buns, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Pork Sung Buns and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- The following ingredients should be added to the mixer bowl in the following order: heavy cream, milk, egg, sugar, cake flour, bread flour, yeast, and salt. Turn on the mixer and set the attachment for the dough hook to “stir.” Allow it to run for 15 minutes, pausing the mixer now and then to knead the dough.
- The dough is ready for proving after 15 minutes. The dish should be covered with a moist cloth and left in a warm location for an hour. The dough will double in size, or 1.5 times. For images of this procedure, see our recipe for milk bread!
- Put the dough back in the mixer then stir for a further five minutes to remove air bubbles after the dough has proofed for an hour. Lay the dough out and divide it into 12 equal pieces. Lightly dust the board. While putting the buns together, protect the dough pieces with a dry towel.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a rough 4 by 6 inch rectangle. The dough is covered with a very thin coating of mayonnaise, followed with a topping of chopped scallion and pork sang. It should be tightly rolled up into a cigar form. Cut the cigar in half lengthwise, leaving about an inch of one end intact, creating what resembles nearly a pair of trousers out of the piece of dough. The dough should be twisted together, cut sides facing up, and the ends should be tucked beneath the bun. Sesame seeds are then added before transferring to a baking sheet lined with paper. Continue until all of the buns are put together.
- The buns should rise for one further hour under a clean, dry kitchen towel. Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Egg wash should be applied to each bun before baking. golden brown, around 13 to 15 minutes of baking. After they have finished baking, take the buns out of the oven and immediately gently coat each one with simple syrup. It’s because of this that these pork sung buns have their distinctive sheen.
Tips & Notes
If you cannot find cake flour, loaf flour, or both of them, feel free to use all-purpose flour in their place.
produces 12 buns.