Today you will know about the Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies recipe. So, without wasting time let’s start:
Time To Make It
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Calories|
|20 minutes||11 minutes||31 minutes||123 kcal|
Ingredients To Make Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies
To make the Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 71 g or ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- Fresh lemon zest, around two or three teaspoons (from a big lemon)
- 1 cup (227 g) of room temperature, but not very soft, butter
- 318 g or 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- One big lemon’s fresh zest, measured out at one tablespoon
- One big egg
- fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- (409 g) 2 ¾ cups plus 2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Instructions To Make Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies
To make the Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Easy Lemon Sugar Cookies and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- For the lemon sugar, put the sugar & zest in a bowl and, using your fingers, press the lemon zest into the sugar until it is very aromatic and well distributed. Place aside.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking spray is used to gently coat two large, rounded baking sheets after lining them with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes, in the mixing vessel of a power stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a large basin using a handheld electric mixer. As necessary, scrape the bowl’s sides.
- The batter will brighten in color when you add the egg, lemon juice, and vanilla. This process will take another 1-2 minutes. As necessary, scrape the bowl’s sides. It will seem a little curdled, but that’s just OK.
- Mix in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour until well blended. Don’t overmix; just stir until there are no dry streaks left.
- Using the #40 cookie scoop, portion out the cookie mixture into rounded balls that are about 2 tablespoons in size.
- To remove any clumps, stir or crush the lemon sugar. About 12 cookies should be spaced out on each baking sheet after being rolled in lemon sugar and placed on the prepared baking pans.
- Don’t overbake; bake approximately 9 to 11 minutes, or until the top is just beginning to crack.
- Before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling, let them cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes.
Flour: at my elevation (2,500) and with the added lemon juice to the recipe, the extra 2 tablespoons flour is really important. Depending on where you live (high elevation), you may need a few tablespoons more beyond that (3 cups flour total). I recommend baking one “tester” cookie first – if it flattens too much, stir in a bit more flour to the dough.
Another Cookie Spreading Tip: if the cookies spread and flatten too much while baking, try adding more flour per the note above or increase the baking temperature to 375 degrees F or use convection bake. Conversely, if your cookies are not spreading enough in the oven, try reducing the oven temperature to 325 degrees and/or measuring the flour with a lighter hand next time (or use a scale to weigh the ingredients).